A Major Splatoon 2 Update Coming In April With Single Player Expansion Releasing This Summer
Splatoon 2 will receive its first paid expansion this summer. Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion adds a new single player mode which lets players play as a new character, Agent 8, who's an "Octoling with lost memories". The campaign features 80 missions as well as new stories which will shed some light on current characters. Those who complete the Octo Expansion will unlock the ability to play as Octolings in multiplayer battles. The list of features includes:
- Play as an Octoling who's lost her memory in a new single player adventure spanning 8- missions
- Navigate an underground facility to reach the surface of Inkopolis
- Take on a variety of mission types packed with new challenges you won't find in the main game
- Complete the campaign to unlock Octolings (girl or boy) as playable characters in multiplayer battles
- Unravel mysteries hidden in Inopolis with Pearl, Marina, and Cap'n Cuttlefish.
Before this however, a free major update will be released in April. Version 3.0 will bring 100 new pieces of gear and more stages will roll out through the spring season; stages include Piranha Pit, Camp Triggerfish, and Wahoo World, and a new Rank X will be included (it's an extreme rank, even higher than S+ according to Nintendo).
Will you be grabbing this awesome sounding DLC? Let us know below!
Written by Megan Parker Posted Has 5 Comments