Monster Hunter World's First Big Update Coming Soon, New Monsters To Arrive As Free DLC
It's slaying time.
Monster Hunt World will be periodically receiving new monsters to slay, as free DLC of course. The first to arrive is Deviljho in Spring this year. The trailer above from January provides updates for the monster, confirming the Spring release date, as well as giving us a peep at its new look in the game.
Deviljho encounters, fights, and drops will arrive in just over a week's time, on 22nd March.
As well as bringing Deviljho into the mix, this update will of course bring some other features along with it, which includes:
- New quality of life options, e.g. ability to change subtitle text size
- Optimised loading for reduced waiting for loads
- New event quests for the next 1 1/2 months, including a new weapon, a Poogie costume, and the Mega Man Palico costume collaboration
- Balance adjustments for almost every weapon in the game
- The ability to change character appearance. 1 free change given, & afterwards it'll be a premium service
In the past, Deviljho has been known to interrupt more casual quests, so perhaps it could happen in World. For many, Deviljho represents a new challenge that should test players' skills further; it's known for being easy to learn but difficult to master. Deviljho roams around wherever it fancies, eating pretty much anything in sight... this ought to be interesting. Capcom has noted that the monster won't be a pushover, and will drop items that are useful to even those who have completed the game.
Are you looking forward to challenging Deviljho toe to... well, you? Let us know below!
Tags: PS4, Xbox-One, PC
Written by Megan Parker Posted Has 8 Comments